Re: Fwd: timestamps higher resolution howto?

peto wrote:
Dear conference,

Can anyone tell me hoe to enable more precise time stamps in dmesg log in
2.6.17 patche with RTAI patch,please?

]$ grep PRINT .config
CONFIG_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME=y          <------- this one

I was tried to set HZ variable to my own values 10 000 or 1 000 000 with
success, It was needed to set new settings of PLL, where I continued from

I wonder what your def of success is.
RT kernels are doing *really well* to have interrupt response times of 10uS,
so I cant imagine them successfully serving interrupts at 1uS intervals.

default setting depending on HZ and to enable higher than 1600  value of HZ
in network drivers/stack files. than was kernel build successfully with
modules, but It was not able to boot than.

Can anyone tell me how to enable kernrl to boot,please

use realistic HZ ??

I was found High resolution timers patch but I am aware tah it may be problem
to apply this patch with RTAI patch.

Thank you for any answer

Kind regrads

Peter Fodrek