RE: fails to write to the dummy network device by outb_p(0xff, 0x378) on the parallel port after successfully enabling request_region

It doesn't seem (from a quick glance over you code) that you are
attempting
to handle the interrupt you will be generating, given the above
description.
It might be worth attempting to handle this to determine whether the
interrupt
Is being generated or looking at "dmesg" output, I believe that should
have an
"unhandled interrupt" message.

On the LED front, have you connected the LEDs up the correct way round?
Have you used LEDs with built in resistors or connected resistors up to
each
LED?
Also, have you tried testing the LEDs on your device with a 5v power
source to
ensure that they are functioning?

Martyn

----