Re: About reading a text-file from kernel

Thank you for reply.
I am experimenting with some automated resource management
classifiers, which classifies the processes based on rules provided by
administrator in policy-rule file.

So, I my classfier needs to know the rules based on which I will be
doing automatic classification.

I dont want to use RAM based filesystem, because then I system
administrator has to provide those rules at every system bootup.
I want these rules to be persistant like selinux policies, which are
read by kernel at bootup time, and then they are used to give security
context to every process getting created.
I tried to understand how selinux reads and uses its policy file, but
it was quite difficult for me to understand.

If there is any other way, by which I can provide policies to my
kernel based classifier, then I will definately like to use it.

On 6/4/07, Kedar Patil <patilkedar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/4/07, Pravin <shindepravin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to open a text-file from kernel itself, and read the contents
> from that file, and close that file.
> <snip>

See http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/WhyWritingFilesFromKernelIsBad

-Kedar