Re: Why can't we sleep in an ISR?

Hi ...
I have a very basic doubt here ... what makes it impossible to sleep
in an ISR? I mean, I know that the kernel preemption is disabled and
the kernel will panic, but I could not understand why?
Sorry, I reply back to the top "level". I try to read related chapters on Understanding The Linux kernel 3rd edition. I found something (page 144, Chapter 4 "Interrupts and Exceptions")...I quote them here: The price to pay allowing nested kernel control paths is that an interrupt handler must never block, that is, no process switch can take place until an interrupt handler is running. In fact, all the data needed to resume a nested kernel control path is stored in the Kernel Mode stack, which is tightly bound to the current process.

I hope it can shed a light for you regarding your confusion.

regards,

Mulyadi