Re: CONFIG_KALLSYM

Hi

If CONFIG_KALLSYM = 0, can we load modules in the kernel ?

I think it still can load modules. Module loading is disabled only
when you disable module support. KALLSYM only deals with module's
symbol mapping AFAIK...

From help menu of kernel config:
CONFIG_KALLSYMS:

Say Y here to let the kernel print out symbolic crash information and
symbolic stack backtraces. This increases the size of the kernel
somewhat, as all symbols have to be loaded into the kernel image.

regards,

Mulyadi