[HOWTO] accessing the DMA mapped data

Hi list,

I have a small question regarding the accesing ths data in the DMA mapped
 region (in the driver).  In my driver I only have the 'dma_addr_t addr' variable which is
result after the 'dma_map_single'. I don't have access to the virtual address of the
data region.

Is there helper routine which we will give me the virtual address back from the
DMA mapped address???

After some searching in the net about it found 'dma_sync_single' which will help
 you to synchronize it after 'modifying' the contents of the DMA mapped  region.
But to 'modify' the contents of DMA mapped region I require the virtual address,
 which is not available in my case.

Regards,
Mahesh.

Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Here's a solution!