Re: kernel crash after adding ethernet driver

Hi Pradeep,

> No, printk does not allocate any buffer. printk has a compile time
> circular buffer (log_buf) whose size is determined by compile time
> constant. So what prink does is mere dump the message in this circular
> buffer.

Oh... got it.but this raises a silly doubt for me.
this means you cannot just keep on priniting a lot of data using a
single printk right? May be log_buf has a buffer size limit because it
is a compile time constant.
What am i missing here?

The buffer is circular. So there is no limit to the amount of messages
you can push. The only catch is if you push "too much", you will some
some of the msg (the oldest few characters).

Thanks,

Rajat