Probe entry point

Hi,
    I have a sound driver which depends on SOUND and my device_driver
struct have a .probe implementation. The device is registered with
register_sound_dsp call inside probe function. But when I do insmod
the driver is inserted and the init function is called but the probe
function is not called and driver is not registered as a sound device.
I have given the driver_register inside the init call. I am not in a
position to do modprobe because my shell does not support it. Is there
any way to mannually call the probe function and register the bus for
the device. Where is exactly the entry point of probe.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarith.