Re: local_irq_save()

On 4/24/07, Rajat Jain <rajat.noida.india@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Pradeep,

> > If you disable an interrupt across all CPUs using disable_irq(), then
> > the IRQ is disabled at the PCI level. And hence if the hardware tries
> > to generate
> > an interrupt while interrupts are disabled, the interrupt is lost forever.
>
> I guess you mean local_disable_irq()? I cannot find a single
> invocation of disable_irq() in my src. As i see it, it would be stupid
> to disable interrupts on all the CPUs.What can be possible use of such
> a futile thing?

No, I meant disable_irq(), that disables the particular interrupt at
PIC level and hence disables it on all processors. My linux 2.6.19.2
contains plenty of these calls. This may be used by interrupt code to
handle SA_INTERRUPT (which states that this IRQ should be disabled on
all the CPUs).
I am running 2.6.20.1 and i cannot find any invocations sadly.May be i
missed drivers :-(.
Will get back to you soon.

IRC , I think SA_INTERRUPT FLAG has also changed.

Thanks
~psr

Thanks,

Rajat