Question regarding physical memory access

Hi guys,

I want to access to a physical memory region on a linux kernel module. A set of registers are located at a fix physical memory location (I have the specification). I'm writing a kernel module because using /dev/mem causes segmentation fauls for that region (I was not able to remap the region to a process memory space <using mmap>). This kernel module is designed just for debugging proposes, so I just want to know what is the appropiate way to read 4 bytes of the physical memory location 0xd000000 (for example). I have used __va, fix_to_virt, phy_to_virt with no success, a memory read causes the systems freeze.

Thanks and regards,

Jesus