Re: virtual address to vma address

Sorry if I misunderstood you. I agree with Srinivas than
remap_pfn_range() could be your solution. However, seems like you need
to create a VMA first (that could be created in  user space via
mmap(). You must also pass user space start address... So IMHO you
need to coordinate between the kernel code and user space app i.e User
space need to tell the kernel code, which VMA should be used.

Hi,
     The call to mmap in the user space creates vm_area_struct with available virtual addresses by the kernel ( file subsystem in particular) . This vm_start, vm_end and kernel logical address must be used to call remap_pfn_range. this maps the kernel logical addresses to the addresses described by the vm_area_struct.

CMIIW

Regards
Srinivas Bakki