Re: doubt about the 3-way handshake

Hi..

Because the server  is running just now and at the LISTEN state, so  there
is nothing in the listen queue's request_sock array. So the return value of
the Line 8 -- inet_csk_search_req() should be NULL,  and then  the " return
tcp_check_req(sk, skb, req, prev);" at Line 11 should NOT be executed.
IS that Right?  Could you please explain this function for me? I am very
grateful.

Don't know much about it, but my average logic says, even if you're
just freshly starting in LISTEN state, that doesn't mean there is no
incoming request such as SYN packet, right? And if there is none, that
means the code path exits and waits for incoming request.

regards,

Mulyadi