Serial suspend for a few seconds?

Hi,
I'm working on an embedded Linux project. We have already ported Linux kernel to our board,
implemented the serial driver, but when the shell(through minicom) start up for a few seconds,
it come up with the following problem:
I can't input any character including "Enter", means that the shell don't action at all.
After a while(about 40~80s), it come back to normal state, and all the characters I had  input
display on the shell(through minicom)! After this, my linux work pretty well till I power off the board.

We can see that the serial port have received those characters I had input, means that the receive part
of the serial driver work well, but it the serial suspend for a while, and then come back to normal, So ,
I don't know where to change inorder to solve this problem.

Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks inadvance!!

wolfsnow
2007.4.11