Re: recursive locks in linux

On 4/11/07, pradeep singh <2500.pradeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
This may sound stupid but how can i implement a recursive lock in Linux kernel?
I guess Mutex  and semaphores cannot be used.

Spinlocks can be i guess.
Can somebody give me some pointers or links for this?
Googling didn't help much.

Spinlocks, semaphores & Mutexes defnitely can't be used.

Although the RW semaphores and RW spinlocks allow recursive locking
(since multiple threads can simultaneously hold reader locks).

Just curious, why do you need it?

Thanks,

Rajat

Thank you