Difference between signal/ hardware interrupt/software interrupt ?

Title: Difference between signal/ hardware interrupt/software interrupt ?

Hi,

I am trying to understand the difference between terms used in Unix like harwdare interrupts,signal, software interrupts. I am totally confused be means of these terms. Please explain me the meaning of each term (preferably along with an example). I also read in one of Richard Steven's book that signals are software interrupts. Is this true? Isn't signals are means for an OS to report something to the user process and may be initiated by a software interrupt or a hardware interrupt? One more thing, When we use term interrupt, is this mean hardware interrupt or software interrupt?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Aggarwal

"If the hardware is the heart of a computer then the software is its soul and we are the soul maker."