Re: how to build in kernel boot options?

On 4/6/07, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On 4/6/07, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > "Compiled-in Kernel Boot Parameter" under "Kernel hacking"
> >
> > i can see that, but only under the arch m68knommu.
>
> a quick check ... different ports have it in different places
>
> also check under the processor-specific page

no offense, mike, but it doesn't help me much to simply suggest other
places i can look -- i can handle that myself.  does anyone know one
way or the other if there is, for x86, a kernel config option for
built-in kernel options?

Not looking too closely, but are you maybe thinking of CONFIG_CMDLINE?
I don't see i386 having such support, at least not visible in
menuconfig. It seems to be common in embedded architectures, though.

Thanks,
Nish