Re: dual license and GPL

Hi Erik,

On 4/5/07, Erik Mouw <mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 01:21:37PM +0300, Ramagudi Naziir wrote:
> If i have the copyright - it means I can release
> it under how many licenses I want ? without
> any time limit ? (I can always change my mind
> and re-release it under a different license ?)

No. If you have first licensed it under the GPL and took contributions
from other people, you will have to ask those contributors to agree
with your relicensing. Only if all contributors agree, you can
relicense.

Let's take the Linux case for example. Let's assume I write a kernel
module, license it under the GPL and it is accepted to mainline kernel.
How can I know who contributed to it after some time ?
Every person that adds a line to a kernel file, adds his name to the header
of the file as a contributer ?

Thank You very much for this and many other answers you keep posting.
You are very helpful (and knowledgeable) ! :)

naziir.

Erik

- --
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery