Intermittent CRAMFS mount problem

Hello Everyone,

Occasionally I have a problem mounting a CRAMFS file system with the "-o loop" option. The weird thing is that the root file system is also a CRAMFS file on an MTD block device. Mounting the file system does not seen to be a problem. It is only later when I try to mount another using the loop device.

Kernel:	2.6.18.1
Processor:	S3C2413

Bootline example: root=/dev/mtdblock4 /* this contains a cramfs filesystem */

From /etc/init.d/rcS:	mount /software.cramfs /target -o loop

When the application file system does not mount, it normally fails with a decompression error.

I have seen messages regarding a possible race condition in the kernel with CRAMFS file systems. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

TIA

- Allen