Re: Hard Drive battery consumption

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:57:01AM -0500, lusec001@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I am currently developing a project which tries to minimize the
> > consumption of battery in laptops avoiding as much as possible the use of
> > the hard drive. To evaluate if our implementation is doing well, we need
> > to know how is the consumption of energy in the laptop or even better how
> > much power consumes the hard drive in a period of time.
>
> Thank you all guys for the quick response, all responses seems useful. My
> next question in the topic is: is there an easy way to find the battery
> information (remaining energy, consumption each hour) through a module?

No, and you really don't want that because it is non-standard and
rather complicated. Provide the mechanisms in the kernel and have a
userspace program make decisions.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery