Re: completion or wait queues ?

On 1/30/07, Rajat Jain <rajat.noida.india@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/29/07, Ramagudi Naziir <naziirr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My driver needs to wait for the hardware to complete something.
> I obviously want it to sleep (it is process context),
> and when the operation will finish it will wake up the sleeping
> context (the waking up will be in interrupt context).
>
> Should I use completion variables or wait queues sleeping ?
>
> Which is preferred  / recommended ?

Aren't completion variables "one shot"? I mean once completion is
signalled the job is done (You can't re-use)! Please CMIIW

No. it can be used as you wish. only note is after you use complete_all,
you must reinitialize it with INIT_COMPLETION.

the question is when to use each of them techniques ?

naziir.

Regards,

Rajat