Re: Specify build directory for LKM

black hole wrote:
Hi,

How to specify a build directory for a kernel module that is
not part of the kernel source tree?

Example:
I have src/kernel/file.c and I need src/build/file.o
instead of src/kernel/file.o after compiling the kernel module.

I am working on a project where some of the source files (*.c)
are used both in kernel space and in user space (everything
is stored in a single source tree). I do not want the *.o built
by the kernel to be overwritten with the *.o built by autotools.

The current solution deploys symbolic links and I feel there
might be a better way. But looking through the makefiles.txt
and google did not reveal anything to me.

BlackHole

  You can try "make O=~/otherdirectory". and you will find more
from greg kh's "linux kernel in a nutshell" .

BR
LiYanbo