RE: kernel option for LSF

Thanks for looking in to this.

>I am checking briefly the documentation you referred to. Honestly, I am

>not sure if this is really what you want (or maybe you should recheck
>your requirement).

The linux socket filter is implemented within isc.org's dhclient, which
is why I am interested in using it.  We have a bit of a chicken and egg
problem since dhclient is being used in an initrd image to configure the
interface for the first time during a PXE install of an embedded system.
At the point that we need to run this, the server knows nothing about
its environment.  We have a high volume UDP network and need to filter
the UDP traffic so the DHCP client can work.  dhclient has taken care of
it by using socket filters.  But, this will only work if I can configure
it in the kernel =) If anyone knows if this is still available in the
2.6.19 kernel and what option I should be looking for that would be
great.  I am still not having any luck finding it.  I fear it's gone.

Thanks,

Jolynn