SYSENTER and libraries

Hello All.

I found out that static libraries are still using int 0x80 to invoke a syscall,
and not using the sysenter directive.

Do you know why ?

In addition, when I checked a few dynamic libraries, I saw that the whelming
majority is indeed sysenter calls, but there are a few int 0x80s till out there.
for example, in glibc,  these are the calls that still uses int 0x80:
2 sys_clones, 1 sys_exit, 1 sys_fork, 1 sys_rt_sigreturn, 1 sys_sigreturn,
1 sys_vfork, 1 sys_pselect6 and another one i couldn't tell in the func __vfork.

Do you know why not ALL calls are sysenters ?
(btw in the vsyscall page kernel source code there is some comment that it
can't handles sys_clone for some reason)

Another question is why SYSENTER directives are not embedded directly
in the code ? why do they have to use that linux-gate ?

Thank You
naziir