Re: Finding size of a file from a program

On 1/19/07, Pharaoh . <pharaoh137@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
How to find size of a file from a userspace program without using shell commmands with system() etc?
I want to allocate a buffer and read the entire contents of a file, I know this is not good for large files, but I am just
experimenting with small file currently so this is good enough. Is there any system call available for this?

elegent solution
use mmap

as for doing it the not so right way
u can always move to the EOF to get the size of the file

--
abrarahmed