Access User address from kernel thread

Hi ,

Can someone kindly let me know if it is possible to access the user process' address space from a kernel thread ?

I tried changing the mm pointer from NULL to a user space mm but it OOPSed giving page fault error.(Or is there anything else i need to apart from resetting the mm pointer and active_mm pointer to user thread's mm and active_mm?)
I also tried to tried to reset the cr3 register of the processor executing the kernel thread to the user thread's cr3(My machine has 2 processors) but it didnt help either.
I am stuck with this for a loong time now.Kindly let me know if this is possible. Or is there anyother way  to try this?

Thanks a lot,
Karthik