Want to contrubute to Linux Kernel

Hi

I am a kernel newbie and working in Linux for almost 1.5 yrs now. I have written couple of drivers as part of my job.
I find Linux kernel very interesting, and I want to contribute to it. To start with, I have checked what Linux Janitors do etc but I didnt fine it interesting enough since, it is more like cleaning up code etc. Before going ahead let me tell you how much I am familier with Linux kernel.

1. I have read Linux Kernel development almost completly.
2. Have been reading LDD 3 for quite some time now.
3. Have referred Understanding the Linux Kernel as when needed.
4. Developed couple of drivers for customers. An i2c driver and a driver for NAND flashes.

I want to take up one perticular subsystem of Linux and want to be an expert in that. I have seen lot of improvements being done in Kernel scheduling etc recently. I am not sure from where I should start doing things.

Can anyone suggest some area to look into which has lot of scope for improvement etc? Like Power Management etc.

Any pointers will be valuable. Sorry for the long mail.