Re: Custom kernel and distribution

Hi,

On 1/11/07, Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi man, sorry I can't hook to the Internet lately...
That's cool... Linux kernel is still a side hobby for me...

OK, just warnings, IMHO it's not a big deal although it is still a smart
choice to know what's really goin' on. Since you mentioned the patch,
that could be the reason but sometimes the plain vanilla kernel does
produce such a message too. So, if you wanna be sure, try to revert the
patch and see if you still see the same warnings.

About the questions coming from make oldconfig, that's normal. If the
new kernel defines some new kernel config (denoted by the new CONFIG_s)
then you will be asked what will you choose. So, just pick the answer
based on your personal decision. For quicky, you can take the default
answer.

Hope it helps,

Thanks for answering my question...

--