Re: PCI IO regions and IDE

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 11:32:31AM +0000, Bahadir Balban wrote:
> When and how are PCI IO regions virtually mapped in linux? I have some
> PCI ethernet device working OK, which has some IO regions, but
> enabling IDE panics the kernel as IDE tries to access IO region of the
> IDE device in physical. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Not without more information. Please provide kernel version, target
architecture, kernel config and panic message. Oh, and before you start
wasting everyones time (including your own): be sure to try to recreate
the problem with the most recent kernel.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery