Re: LDD3 usb-skeleton.c

On 1/6/07, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 08:16:15PM +0530, Ashok kumar wrote:
> 1. usb-skeleton.c is a module, how can i check this?

What do you mean "check this"?

we have "hello world module", it is printing "Hello world", while installing module so that i can come to know, when "module_init"  is called and "module_exit" is called and actually i can see the output also.
one memory mapping example is also there.
like that we have so many simple drivers in that we can invoke open, release,read,write as our wish.

but here i don't know how invoke all entry points(probe,disconnect) without any kind of usb hardware.
is it possible?
if so,how ?

> 2. while compiling the module, it generated built-in.o file, what is it?
> from where it has come?

That's part of the kernel build process, is it causing you a problem?

i want to understand kernel build process and looking in kernel documentation directory for the answer.

thanks
Ashok

thanks,

greg k-h