ioremap pci io region?

Hi,

I've added pci support for a new platform for the first time.

Normally during probing, pci device drivers request their regions and
ioremap them themselves. But is it correct that this is true for only
memory regions? Otherwise there are io regions with few bytes size,
and one cannot map each such region since mappings are of page-size
granularity. But then when/how are io regions mapped in virtual space?
Could you please clarify this?

Apparently I have enabled IDE support and I get a kernel panic on an
IO access, stating the region is unmapped. Memory accesses are OK.

Many thanks,
Bahadir