Re: Submit perfect patch

--- "K.R. Foley" <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Mauricio Lin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After checking the perfect patch tutorial
> > (http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt) I am
> trying
> > to follow such tutorial.
> >
> > After sending the paches to myself for testing I noticed that the
> > received patches are causing "Hunk FAILED" messages. Does anyone
> know
> > what is the "perfect way" to avoid such situations?
>
> Do you get this if you try to apply the patches without sending them
> yourself? Either way, can you outline what steps you are doing and
> what
> errors you get so that we don't have to go read the document again
> and
> then try to guess how you interpreted it in order to try to help you?

I am using quilt to create the patch. The patch is working. The problem
arises after sending the patch to myself for testing. I copy the
received patch from my email cliente and copy it to a file
"test.patch". After that I apply this patch, but hunk failed messages
are printed.

Thus the original patch works normally, but the received patch does
not.

BR,

Mauricio Lin.

> > Is there procedure to prevent this problem?
> >
> > How the client email should be set up?
> >
> > BR,
> >
> > Mauricio Lin.
> >

> --
>    kr

O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!
http://br.yahoo.com