Re: Kernel cross compilation error

You can find separate packages on any Ubuntu mirror, ex:

http://ubuntu.intergenia.de/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/
http://ubuntu.intergenia.de/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gcc-3.4/
http://ubuntu.intergenia.de/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gcc-4.1/

However, gcc 4.1 packages are binary dependent on new glibc. So probably for
your Dapper release you should use gcc-3.4 binaries.

Check version of glibc you currently have installed:

# dpkg -l 'libc*'

and install same version libc-dev package for standard C headers.

Please note that pool folder for debian derived distributions contains all
binary and source packages for different releases (stable/testing/unstable).
So that trying to install latest will result in very long dependency list -
practically replacing all packages you have installed, and upgrading your
release.

Regards,
Gregory Smirnov

Kind regards,