Re: file system

On 11/17/06, suman adak <gnusuman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Raseel,

On 11/17/06, Raseel Bhagat < raseelbhagat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Suman,

On 11/17/06, suman adak <gnusuman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> look at this link
> http://www.geocities.com/ravikiran_uvs/articles/index.html

I admit I did not read the entire articles, but what little I read of
the articles, I found it VERY easy to understand.
The articles have ben written very well, atleast from a newbie point of view.

Yapp. But i would like to point out  some thing here. I  am interested in file system and also had a such kind of question. I started with this slide
http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/ols2006-fs-tutorial-smf.odp

and there i found this link and also have seen that quite good and can say any new bies can start with this.It has simple code and simple file system called simplefs.

I would like to enourage you to write more such articles.

Hope So...

Thanks
Suman
--
Thanks a lot,
Raseel

Hi arpit,

It will be easiar for people to help u out if you could provide some details, like what kind of file-system you want to write on-disk file-system, ram-fs, stackable-fs or any other kind.

Also if you are not clear about that, you should start reading the concepts behind.
Like chapter 8, chapter9 from "unix internals"
or chapetr 12 from "understanding the linux kernel"

-
---
Regards,
Sunil Agham.