Re: ext3 file system info

Nishan Naseer wrote:

On 11/7/06, *Deepak Joshi* <deepak_cins@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:deepak_cins@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I am very new to ext3 file system. I want to write a simple module
    by using which i can get the inode of file if i will give the name
    of the file. i read about the inode structure. But couldn't able
    to make out how to start.

    Please help me in writing this module. and please help me in
    understanding complete ext3 file system.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Deepak Joshi.

    http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

You can read th einfo pag eof libext2fs. The header files are also well documented.

 ~
   cheers,
     nishan.

I think you can get it by call path_lookup(const char *path, unsigned flags, struct nameidata *nd)

BR
lyb