probe not called for usb serial driver

hi all

I am writing a usb serial driver.
I have done some basic initialization stuff for important structures.
After registering my serial driver to the usb serial core and usb
driver to the usb subsystem, i inserted my module.
I did a modprobe for usb-serial module and then inserted my module.

now on inserting my USB device, the probe is never called. Why?

please find a rough outline for the driver in the attached .h and .c files.

Please note that module is no way complete but i guess atleast probe
should be called if initialization is correct. Am i right?

Any pointers.
Thank you
--
play the game