Re: overhead read()

On 10/5/06, Chris <chris.boon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

in my driver i have a buffer of 1000 entries which each entry is 9
bytes.
at the moment my application reads 1 entry at a time in a while loop
until the buffer is empty.
what performance improvement can i make by reading for example 100
entries at a time?

For a start, I think you might be able to eliminate, partially, the
penalty of misaligned memory access. But this depends on what you
intend to do with those elements, if you are still processing them one
at a time, then this might not be much help.

Chris.

Bhanu.

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.