Re: dynamic page size on linux

Hi,

For eg. if the page size is 4kb and the file size is 13kb then it will
consume 4 pages with the last page using only 1 kb of its 4kb.

So can we have some mechanism to utilize the wasted memory..

Can we use dynamic size for the last page so that the memory is not wasted?

Page size is architecture dependent.
1. We cant have page sizes something other than what architecture offers.
2.AFAIK, architectures doesn't support variable PAGE_SIZE once the
system has started . I mean to say, if we chose 4kb then we are avail
with 4k size only, not 4MB.
3. Does the MMU recognises such dynamic sizes ?

./v