Re: Error While linking file

On 9/8/06, Manjunath Naik <peter.desouzain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

    I was just tring the simple "hello world" assembly program in linux.
First time I was able to compile and link the file.
    I just changed something in that file, I got the following error while
linking it.

     test.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

    I am not able tounderstand what is the exact problem with it.

    I had used the following two commands to compile nad link the progam.

     nasm -f aout test.asm
     ld -e _start -o test test.o
I think, it should work fine with a ld warning.
You can also try 'nasm -f elf test.asm -o test.o' OR may be different
file formats.

Do you think this is the suitable mailing list to send this query to ?

./v