Re: Device driver registratation problem

I want to write a Device driver. And I am facing some problem.

Problem-:
I have created a raw partition and it has major no 22. And I want to
register this major no (22)  for my device driver. But it gives error like
"register_blkdev : cannot  get major no 22".
There are certain major numbers which are free to be used, and you are
advised to stick onto them unless you intend to keep your driver in
the kernel tree. If you wish  so, you will have to get major numbers
assigned to you.
Go through Documentation/devices.txt for more info.

HTH.
Om.