RE: why Does Kernel Module should not do Floating Point operation?

Hi Arjan van de Ven

I had not understood the second paragraph.... "if you use it in the
kernel you overwrite the userspace one... which is bad..."

What is the meaning of above?

Can I get more information on this?

I am not using anywhere? I was just reading the Linux Device Driver
during that time I was read this statements.

Can you point out more articles on FPU and its functionalities and its
interface with kernel? Even code link also Ok. I feel quite interested
in this topic................

Thanks & Regards
Manjunath Naik