Expertise required:USB bulk-throughput and memory leak detection

    My team is developing a device driver for a
PCMCIA based USB device. We're currently trying
to test the performance of our driver. However
we're unable to figure out a reliable methods of:
1.) detecting memory leaks caused by our driver code.
2.) Neither have we been able to find a tool which shows
% utilisation of kernel memory used by our driver.(kernel
memory monitoring)
3.) Throughput calculation of bulk data transfer is also not
precise. We still rely on measuring time on stop watch, while
Transferring data.

About the memory monitoring, there are quite a few tools available
at the application level (like free and top which are available
with the operating system itself). But none for the kernel level.

Please suggest other feasible ways of detecting leaks and monitoring
kernel memory utilisation for kernel 2.6.15.4 on fedora core 4.