From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg KH
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 12:28 PM
To: colin
Cc: kernelnewbies
Subject: Re: How to remove all unused modules?

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:17:22PM +0800, colin wrote:
> Our embedded platform supports 1394 and USB, and the related drivers
may be
> more than a dozen.
> However, there may be a fifth of them are often used.

Then only load the ones needed based on the hardware being present
(using udev or hotplug).  You can scan all of the devices every once in
a while to see if any specific driver is needed if you really feel it
will make much difference with memory.  Odds are, the memory used by the
individual drivers is very small and not worth it.

good luck,

greg k-h

DISCLAIMER: