Re: Netfilter - how to put intercepted packet back to stack?

You are right. I capture the packet at NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT which is before routing. I think output net_device is not resolved yet, hence I don't know the exact hard_start_xmit to use.

Thanks,
Ming

On 6/16/06, Parag N(पराग़) < panemade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
On 6/17/06, Ming Chen < tomingchen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know once I finished packet manipulation I can return NF_ACCEPT, so the
> packet continue traveling. However, I want to hold onto the packet and wait
> for user application
> command to release at later time.
why dont u use then hard_start_xmit but remember this function gets
called when u have built complete packet with Ethernet header. so
check that. Also u have not said at which layer u are capturing
packets.