static structures in task-queues

Hi,

I read this statement in Linux Device Driver book related to task queues.

"The queue itself is a list of structures (the tasks) that are owned by the kernel module declaring and queueing them. The module is completely responsible for allocating and deallocating the structures, and static structures are commonly used for this purpose."

Here i am not able to get the meaning of static structures. can anybody plz help me in understanding the meaning of statc structures and its use in this context.

Thanks in advance,
Deepak Joshi.