RE: changing kernel thread priority created using kernel_thread()?

Hi Manjunath,

As per my understanding, nice command and
set_user_nice() are for process and not for the
threads inside the process and kernel level threads.

process are created using fork() and has huge
task_struct.
While kernel_threads are created using, kernel_thread.

I couldn't figure out which structure is for kernel
threads, as architecture specific assembly code in
arch_kernel_thread() function has in it.

Regards,
Parav Pandit

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0510.2/1027.html