Paging

Hello,

I have several questions regarding paging.

* I dont understand the reasons behind pte_offset_kernel() and pte_offset_map(), their purposes, and so on ? One is to be used with addr from kernelspace while the other it to be used for addresses in user land ? So, what is the right way to get the PTE given a dir and a vaddr (the pte, not the page descriptor) ?
The same with PMD (on x86_64)

* Given a process, I can get its PGD through t->mm->pgd, and then browse the different level of paging to reach the page descriptor. But now, I'd like to read what is written at a given logical address for this process, how can I do that? I need to be sure the page is mapped somewhere, and also I need to know where ...

* Is there a way to know who is using a given page?