Re: Problem in compiling simple module.

On 5/15/06, Srinivas G. <srinivasg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do partition using fdisk command. Then install the Fedora Core 3 on the
new partition disk.

Regards,
Srinivas G

Hi Srinivasu,

    I was able to compile and install the latest kernel using linux 2.4 kernel with Redhat 9.****. i.e I was able to migrate from the 2.4 to 2.6.

    I had used the following hyperlink for compilation procedure
  www.geocities.com/asimshankar/etc/linux/migrate26.html

  Know I am able to boot with 2.6.26 kernel. but I have one problem to make up my network interface.

  while booting up it shows following message:

  Bringing up interface eth0: eth100 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying ........

  I am not able to understand what is meant by error message.

thanks
Manjunath Naik