Re: Why can't I use the HTML

On 5/13/06, cheng long <kevinclcn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, All

Why can't I use the HTML format email in the mailing list?
I find it very inconviently to show my idea sometimes.

HTML mail is annoying as hell.
Different fonts, colours and whatnot makes it a pain to read.

Not to mention that the people who tend to use HTML mail are often the
same people who tend to top-post and quote other peoples mails in full
and have other similarly annoying habbits.

Then there's the issue of patches. A patch inline in a plaintext email
can be easily commented on, replied to (and quoted in the reply as
opposed to an attachment) and the email can easily be saved as-is and
fed to `patch'. If a patch is inserted inline in a html mail it may be
possible to read and comment on it, but if you save the mail you can't
feed it to `patch' due to the HTML crap in it, and if you try to
cut'n'paste the patch from the mail it'll most likely end up mangled
and useless.

HTML is for the web, plain text is for email.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html