RE: kernel panic ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Anupam Kapoor [mailto:anupam.kapoor@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 7:44 PM
To: Rohit Hooda
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kernel panic ...

> I have installed FC 3 on vm_ware . The hard disk type in the virtual
machine
> is SCSI.
is you scsi device being recognised ok ? why not just use an ide drive ?

As I said that I am running fc 3 on a virtual machine. While configuring
the virtual machine for linux I made the type of hard disk as SCSI and
using Bus Logic drivers. I think the problem is with the buslogic
drivers. When I put them in the kernel, there is a message at the end of
make install ..
" No module Bus Logic  found for the kernel 2.6.16.14 , continuing
anyway"
The bus logic drivers are broken in this version.

I have a patch which fixes this issue which is at
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.0/2.6.
0-mm1/broken-out/buslogic-update.patch

I'll apply the patch and hope it helps :)

anupam

~ Thanks and Regards
   Rohit Hooda
--
In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and
Emacs was the lambda.