Re: Kernel panic

Ashok Sharma wrote:
Am using Fedora 4 kernel 2.6.16.13 and kernel panics
when I try to boot from rebuilt kernel

The error msg is device-mapper missing from kernel?

How do I fix this problem
During the kernel build phase, did you switch on the support for Device Mapper Support which is under the Multi-device Support (RAID and LVM) --->

Besides that you might have to generate a new initrd depending on the distro you use.

Regards,
V. Ananda Krishnan

--- Ashok Sharma <aks6d@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am getting the Msg device mapper missing from
kernel

How do I fix this problem

Ashok

--- rohit  hooda <rohit13hooda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>